Well, a year is gone, and where did it go? It’s been a crazy year, but an interesting one. I almost wish that I could go back and do it over again, because I made many mistakes this year. Although, if it was possible, I’m not so sure that I wouldn’t make the exact same mistakes. I accomplished little this year, in preparing for my future, that is. The bad thing is that I had the chance to do alot, and I missed it. That was the biggest mistake of all. The question now is: will I do the same thing this year?
It is not my intention to do so, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Here is how I’m going to make this year better:
- Get my sleep under control. I need to go to sleep earlier, and get up earlier. I think this is really the basis of all my problems. I can’t remember the last time I got a good nights sleep (outside of the hospital).
- Get my eating habits better. I need to eat healthier and more often.
- Get back to going to the gym. This is connected to number 1 because I stopped going to the gym because of my sleep. I can do better than that. I will follow the plan the doctor gave me.
- Actually read the books about social anxiety that I’ve bought. I need to learn more about it, because even though I’m better than I was at the end of September, there is still a long road ahead of me.
- Dedicate time each evening to the following things: writing in my journal, sketching out drawings in my sketch journal, programming and playing the euphonium. I need to do these things to keep my creativity flowing.
- Paint something at least once a month.
- Keep my apartment in a half decent state.
- Keep my dream journal religiously
There area other things I need to do, and other goals I have, but they are not for writing about in a public forum. These are simple things that I do have the capability of doing; I just need to do them.
I should probably add something about getting out and meeting new people, but that will be something I just have to play by ear. During the week, I’m not going to have much free time, and unless I get my sleep habits under control this will all be pointless.
Sleep – it really does come down to that, I think. If I can just get that under control…
In other news, I played an awesome game of Rummy with Tara tonight. We actually played every single card in the deck! That’s never happened to either one of us before, and it was really fun. Intense too. I’m so lucky to have her as a friend.
Well, I guess that’s all for now.